Heat things up this Valentine's Day with this Strawberry Vanilla Maca Smoothie!
What I Used:
Maca Powder is one of my favorite superfood powders for several reasons:
- Increased Energy
- Rich in Vitamins: B, C, E, Calcium, Magnesium
- Good source of Amino Acids
- Balance moods & hormones
But, let's talk about how this smoothie can spice things up between the sheets this Valentine's Day! MmmHmmm... Maca is a powerful Peruvian root/herb, known for its natural aphrodisiac powers, working to increase your libido & endurance -- 2 Sexy Time Essentials. ;) This super power Superfood is beneficial for both men & women and some studies show that Maca can even increase fertility and semen. I mean, maybe you'll make a baby this V-day! haha
Seriously tho, I love adding Maca Powder to my smoothies several times a week! Maca Powder is a strong & powerful natural herb and I seriously can feel the difference when I use it! Coming from personal experience, a few Maca Tips:
- FYI: Maca Powder definitely has a unique flavor/acquired taste. It no doubt changes the taste of whatever you add it to. With that being said...
- I don't care for Maca in Green Smoothies, prefer to use it in fruit smoothies instead
- you'll read online that Maca is yummy in oatmeal or sprinkled on top of fruit and such...personally, I don't think it tastes good. But that's just me, feel free to experiment! :)
- start w 1/2 a teaspoon and work up to a full teaspoon just to see how your body reacts to it
- I use Maca 2-4x a week
Wishing everyone a very happy Valentine's Day!! xx