Happy, Happy Sunday! Hope every one has had a beautiful weekend. I had a lovely, lazy Sunday. Late night out with friends, which called for a little sleeping in this morning. I had all intentions to get up and take the 915 yoga class at Y2, but opened my eyes right about 930. Ate at Whole Foods late morn/early aft and then restocked on my greens and powders. I literally ran out of everything all at once, ugh. Made for a pretty pricy checkout at Whole Foods, but so worth the investment and all this lasts me a good month, at least! Ran a few more errands, popped into Trader Joe’s to pick up a few more things and then spent the afternoon with my best friend who is home from NYC for the weekend – this made me SO happy.
Two recipes for you all today — one green and one blue…eh, purple-ish, really — for those of you who still haven’t jumped on the green smoothie train.
I made both of these smoothies earlier this week and loved them both!
– Handful Organic Baby Spinach
– Handful Organic Kale (stemmed)
– 1 Banana
– 1 Stalk Celery
– Juice of 1 Lemon
– Small, Organic Gala Apple (cored & peeled)
– Water & Ice…Blend!
– I LOAD up on bananas because I like them super ripe to sweeten up my smoothies. – I buy bags of Organic Gala and/or Fuji Apples (my two favorite apples) from Trader Joe’s which are “small” compared to buying those huge individual apples off the shelf. – Use a Peeler to get all the stringy bits off the stalk of celery – this helps it to blend up smoother.
– 1 Cup: Frozen Mango Chunks
– 1 Cup: Frozen Blueberries
– Tspn Ground Flaxseed
– Raw Vanilla Protein Powder
– Cinnamon – Pumpkin Spice
– Tspn Almond Butter (TJ Brand – organic, creamy, unsalted)
– Splash Almond Milk (unsweetened Vanilla)
– Scoop Green Super Food
Eye Spy…..Check out at Whole Foods.
– Organic Girl Greens – Baby Kale & Super Greens Mix.
– Trying out a few new things….Chia Powder, first time buying powder vs. seeds. (will luk what I think, of course)
– Maca Force: New brand of Maca Powder. Vanilla Spice Flavor
– Spirulina: I usually buy this in bulk at Earth Fare but they don’t sell it at Whole Foods, so I went with this instead. – Green Super Food Powder
– Dr. Hauschka – Quince Day Cream (one of my favorite moisturizers) – Brussels Sprouts – Essentia Water: Love this for a couple reasons…
1) pH Balanced & contains electrolytes for extra hydration
2) The bottle is BPA FREE. BPA’s are the harmful chemicals & resins in plastics & metals such as bottled water, tupperware (switch to glass), canned goods, etc… these chemicals can seep into your water & food – yuck!! Its a great idea to seek out BPA FREE containers. 😉
And my brunch at WF…yummy mix off the hot & cold bar…mixed greens salad w/ goat cheese, carrots, roasted butternut squash, roasted tomatoes & roasted brussels sprouts — YUMMM! Raw pepitas & half blackened chik breast on top. And D&D coffee.