Years ago, before gluten-free, dairy-free anything was a thing, I always loved when my mom would whip up one of her amazing bread puddings! Now I try to steer clear of the bread pudding I once enjoyed as my former gluten & dairy eating self.
As the weather continues to get colder, my cravings for cozy, comforting foods start to run rampant and for some reason, a craving for a warm & gooey bread pudding randomly hit me out of nowhere one day about a week ago. The result of my craving was a super healthy spin on this favorite desert of mine! So, this delicious bread pudding happens to be not only gluten & dairy-free, but sugar free, too! Yessss, You read that correctly! lol The only sugar added to this dessert comes from the natural, high grade maple syrup. You can certainly add sugar if you must, but I encourage you to try this recipe as is and know that you have the power to change your tastebuds. Eating fat laden, sugary & salty foods only leads to eating more of the same. Making small changes & cutting back on salty & sugary foods allows you to begin to enjoy & appreciate foods in their most natural state.
A fool for all things mini, I decided to turn this recipe into cute, little individual bread pudding’s rather than a full sized pan. Just perfect for sharing or keep it all to yourself, you can enjoy this Bread Pudding as a guilt free dessert or perhaps a Sunday morning treat.
Hope you enjoy & would love to hear your feedback on this recipe! xx
– Udi’s Gluten-Free Chia-Millet Bread, 2 slices
– 2 Eggs
– Fuji Apples, 2 small or 1 large
– Raw Walnuts, 1/4 cup
– Golden Raisins, 1/4 cup
– Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 1/2 cup
– Cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon
– Nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon
– Vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon
– Salt, a pinch
I used apples, walnuts & golden raisins since I tend to always have these favorites of mine in the house, but you could easily play around with the ingredients adding bananas & maybe some organic, dark chocolate chips. Mmmm.. I think I’ll have to try that next time! 🙂
– Cut apples & bread into small cubes
– Combine 1/2 cup almond milk, 2 eggs & spices into your mixing bowl
– I soaked my bread in the egg & almond milk mixture, just as if you were making French Toast, to make for nice & moist, gooey bites when you dig into this bread pudding.
– Layer in all your ingredients — bread, apples, walnuts & raisins — baking in all the ingredients evenly.
Eggs + Almond Milk + Spices
Leave a Reply