G’Morning loves! This is such an adorable, simple & nutritionally packed breakfast or take-with-you snack if your having a super busy, on-the-go kinda day! Chia Seeds – loaded with protein, fiber & Omega-3’s – are a superfood I am never without. I don’t know why, but I just love drinking & eating out of baby glasses, bowls & jars — they are just the sweetest thing & make me so happy! The little things in life..literally! lol Like these mini mason jars — I fell hard for these babies & they are just the perfect size to make this chia pudd’n in!
– 2 Tbspn Chia Seeds
– 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (my fave is Almond Breeze)
– sprinkle of organic ground nutmeg & cinnamon
So this adorable little mason jar is small. If you take a Tbspn of Chia Seeds and try to pour it into the jar, you will make a mess and wind up with a bunch of runaway chia seeds.
This is how I do it:
– Put chia seeds into a measuring cup, then empty into mason jar
– pour 1/2 cup almond milk into measuring cup, empty into jar.
– sprinkle nutmeg + cinnamon on top
– stir everything up, let sit for about 5-10 minutes, stir again.
I’ve noticed, after about 5 minutes, the chia seeds will form a massive clump. Hence the reason for stirring again, to make sure the chia pudding sets ups nicely & spices are mixed in evenly. Pop in the fridge, go to sleep & voilà! Wake up to this delicious, healthy & time-saving breakfast!