Hi friends! Happy Friday. Happy April. Happy Spring!
Let’s dive into the month of March below.
While I can’t believe we are already heading into the 4th month of the year, I am so freaking happy that it is officially springtime! If you read the February Edit, you know I was feeling the February Funk pretty bad this year. That said, I am so happy for longer days and warmer weather. I can already feel a shift in myself on every level. I’ve had 3 sessions with my acupuncturist over the past couple weeks and I immediately started to feel better after my first visit — my quality of sleep has improved, night sweats have stopped, my overall mood & energy levels are noticeably better and my digestion (one of my ongoing, biggest issues) is so much better. I just feel more balanced, all around.
The highlight of the month was undoubtedly my trip to Big Sur, CA for my friends’ Heather & Sean’s wedding. This trip was literally everything and more. Everyone who attended keeps using the same word to describe it – magical – and it was seriously nothing less than pure magic. ✨
The locale, the wedding, the weather and, all the amazing souls that were a part of this beautiful celebration.
If you’ve never been to Big Sur….get there. It will not disappoint.
Will be doing a couple separate posts all about the trip, so stay tuned for those!
FIT + WELLNESS.
I have officially established a solid lemon-water-in-the-morning routine. I was doing well to get it in a couple times a week but I now drink warm water + lemon every single morning. While I wish I could tell you this is the first thing I do when I wake up, but, I definitely drink 2 cups of coffee first, then comes the lemon water. Maybe one day, but not today. lol For those wondering, I juice 1 whole lemon in a cup of water. Since it is citrus season, I’ve been eating a grapefruit before eating anything else as well. Grapefruits are so healthy for you & so cleansing.
I’ve also gotten back into intermittent fasting and I think that’s contributing to my stomach feeling better + higher energy levels. Have you tried intermittent fasting? I absolutely love it. Our bodies use so much energy digesting the food we eat – it’s kind of amazing how lite & energetic you feel when giving yourself that extended period of time between meals. I simply try to eat dinner a little earlier, around 7pm, and I eat my first meal of the day between 11am-noon. I don’t fast every single day, especially if I’m working out in the morning, but I like to do it at least 4 days a week.
Work has been busy, busy and I wrapped up the 1st Quarter with 5 closings! Definitely happy about this and hope to keep this momentum going throughout the year. The market is absolutely crazy and especially hard for buyers right now, but I’m hoping as we make our way further into the spring season + summer we will have more inventory.
I watched 3 movies on the plane to & from California….
So so good! Loved this movie so much. Will Smith was so good in this film and I just loved learning about the story behind the Williams sisters.
LA FINE FLEUR. (the rose maker)
This French film was so beautiful and cute! If you love roses/flowers and the French countryside, you’ll love this movie.
ON THE BASIS OF SEX.
Based on the early life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. So good! RBG was such a strong, badass woman.
Based on a true story, a school in Copenhagen is accidentally bombed during WWII. So sad but really good movie.
Finished up Clayton’s season of the bachelor. First off, I can’t wait to see Gabby & Rachel become the bachelorettes!! I love both of those girls. And, I’m happy him & Susie wound up together.
THIS IS US.
Making my way through the final season of This Is Us. My sister and I can’t stop talking about Toby & Kate. How is she going to leave toby, get together with music school guy AND get married to him all in 8 episodes to go!? lol
Always a mix of old & new, sharing what I’ve been listening to over the last month.
Loved this episode of Will Cole’s Podcast with Miranda Kerr.
WEARING + WHAT I BOUGHT.
My favorite purchase of the month was definitely this black sequin dress I got for the wedding. I absolutely LOVE this dress — the fit, the sequins, the floor length, the sexy slit up the leg and the deep v-neck.
It’s funny how I find myself wearing a lot of the same pieces for early spring as I do for early fall as the weather during these two times of the year seem to mimic each other. I’ve been reaching for a few sweaters & cardigans that I purchased last year here at home + on my trip to Big Sur. The weather was absolutely gorgeous but it got pretty cold at night + the moment you stepped out of the sun, you’d feel cold right away.
I finally ordered a Ralph Lauren Ball Cap. I’ve been wanting one of these simple hats for a while and got the tan one. Such a cute, neutral, every day cap to thrown on with anything or when your hair needs to be washed. lol
I love shorts + sweaters this time of year. so cute & cozy.
My cardigan isn’t available anymore, linking a few other cute & similar ones below.
SHOP THE LOOK
I purchased my yellow cardigan from Mango several months ago. Linked a couple others I’m loving!
HAIR, SKIN, BEAUTY & SUPPLEMENTS.
I ran out of SO many skin care products in February and I desperately needed to restock. I replenished a couple long time favorites + bought couple new products I’ve been wanting to try out…
- Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel – I have been using this gel cleanser for literally 10 years! I ran out a while back and was using up a sample of another cleanser, contemplated buying something else, but then I thought…why mess with a good thing. lol
So, I bought it again. I just love this cleanser so much – it thoroughly cleanses my skin without over-drying, it’s gentle, gets my mascara / eye make up off. It’s great – highly recommend.
- Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Moisturizer – other favorite that I continue to buy over & over. I will most likely use this throughout the s/s season because of how light weight it is and it sinks into my skin so nicely – good for those hot, humid days coming our way.
- Summer Fridays Vitamin C + Peptide Eye Cream – first time buying / using this eye cream and I am totally loving it. It has been forever since I’ve used an eye cream and I really wanted to add one back into my skin care routine. This eye cream is one of the newest product releases from Summer Fridays. I love everything from this brand so I figured I’d give it a try – so far, so good.
- KORA Organics Noni Bright Vitamin C Serum – I’ve always been curious about this brand from Miranda Kerr but after listening to her episode on the Will Cole Podcast, I decided I wanted to try out her line of skin care products. A Vitamin C Serum is an absolute must for me and after hearing her explain about the Noni Berry + other ingredients in her serum + the fact that everything in her products are 100% Certified Organic, I was sold! lol I’m loving this serum!
- Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub – my mom absolutely LOVES Mario Badescu products. I have used a few of their products throughout the years and they haven’t worked the best for my skin. I do however, LOVE the Rosewater Facial Spray. Mom ordered several products and apparently they double charged her and sent double products, so she gave me this exfoliating scrub and I’ve really been enjoying it! It’s super gentle for an exfoliant and leaves my skin super soft & smooth. Definitely a new favorite.
While I was traveling out west, I made sure to really load up on all my immune boosters. Between airports, a long plane ride to & from California + the time difference, being out of my routine, drinking, not eating the way I normally do, waking up at 5am for a long travel day back home…I made sure to take all my supplements daily and drink tons of water. I made it back without getting sick or even feeling run down at all. I even packed lemons + my lemon squeezer. haha