About 4pm, Thursday afternoon my love & I hopped in the car to head up to Asheville for a little New Years getaway and celebrate our first NYE together with a few of our closest friends.
Where We Stayed:
– The Grand Bohemian Hotel
After hearing so many great things about the place from family & friends who have stayed here before + the photos I saw online, I was super excited to finally stay at The Grand Bohemian. Walking into the ultra cozy main building/lobby, it was just as beautiful as I had imagined…. however, after a little hiccup on The Grand Bohemians part, “misplacing” our reservation they had us booked in a room across the street in The Manor House which turned out to be a handicap room. By all means, this was not a terrible room in any way but considering the rate of the room, it didn’t quite meet our expectations. We just went with it for the first night, quickly got showered & ready to meet up with friends for dinner. The next morning was pretty entertaining when it came to the bathroom situation. Whoever thought it was a good idea to simply throw some curtains up as a bathroom “door” never gave any thought to couples, privacy & pooping! hahah Luckily, my boyfriend & I are super close & open with each other when it comes to bathroom business but, my gosh, an actual door would be nice, right!? Cracking up, we got thru our morning with the shower running & I made my guy stick a pillow over his head. We were laughing so hard and talking about what if we were a new couple and this was our first time away together!?
After a call to the front desk, we got moved into a much nicer room in the main building with not one but 2 bathroom doors! LOL
Lesson of this story? If your going to stay at The Grand Bohemian, request a room in the main building. All joking aside, moving across the street was a completely different and much more enjoyable experience. Staying across the street in The Manor House makes just doesn’t have the same charm & coziness as the main building.
Where We Ate:
– The Bull & Beggar – NYE Eve
– MG Road/ The Thunderbird – NYE
– The Green Sage Cafe – New Years Day before heading back home to CLT
MG Road + Chai Pani, are two rad spots that one of my boyfriends best buds owns & definitely 2 Asheville Eats I highly recc checking out…
– MG Road. We had a super fun, chilled out night bringing in the New Year here! Craft Cocktails + Good Wine + The Thunderbird, a restaurant takeover featuring badass Chef Elliott Moss cooking up some crazy-good food.
– Chai Pani. If your a fan of Indian Street Food — this place is a must. The Chaat is AMAZING!
– The Bull & Beggar. Another favorite of ours, we celebrated New Years Eve Eve here with of course, good wine & good food. haha
A few menu item must-haves:
– Steak Tartare
– Lobster Roll
– Roasted Beets
– Field Greens
– Roasted Cauliflower
– The Green Sage Cafe. Hydration Station at Green Sage on New Years Day. If your like me & LOVE smoothies & juices, be prepared to stare at the menu struggling to choose just one smoothie. So many yummy blends!! I got a Matcha Green Tea Latte made w/ Almond Milk instead of Rice & a Superberry Smoothie w/ Almond Milk instead of Apple Juice.
Hoping everyone’s NYE was a happy & fun one and now you have some great spots to hit up if you happen to take a little trip to AVL anytime soon! 🙂 xx
Red Stag Grill
The best damn steak tartare + frites you’ll ever eat at The Bull & Beggar
super yum brat + sauerkraut + roasted potatoes after our workout on NYE afternoon
Asheville is super chill and it was FreeeZing cold which made for possibly the most dressed down NYE in I think ever and I totally loved it.
What I’m Wearing:
Black Blouse: Zara (similar, on sale, here)
Grey Skinnies: True Religion
Booties: Elizabeth & James
mine are smooth, black leather but I LOVE these Ash Booties on Sale!! wee… here
Coat: Barbour (similar, here)
Scarf: Free People
the purple in my scarf matched the crushed velvet, purple bench in the hotel lobby so of course I needed another picture sitting here. lol the lighting sucked, tho…
New Years Day Liquids at Green Sage