My bf had to work in NYC on Friday so I tagged along for a fun & super whirlwind trip to my favorite city.
Our 7pm flight on Thursday night was delayed, touching down at JFK about 930ish + a stupid long wait at baggage claim, into an Uber we went and finally, finally arrived at The Dream Hotel (Meatpacking) around 11pm. We dropped our bags, brushed our teeth and took a frigid 2 block walk over to Spice Market for a few apps, a Moscow Mule and right back to the hotel to pass out. It was so F-n cold, our short walk was enough to freeze your face off!!! Yikes.
As much as I love NYC, the city is just viscous in the winter.
My babe had to be up early & worked until about 4pm which left me running solo for the day. I woke up and simply took the elevator downstairs from some coffee & brek inside the hotel at Bodega Negra. The thought of venturing out first thing in the morning, at 20 degrees sounded pretty dreadful. Eeeek!
My Friday in the city was spent doing everything I love when in New York:
– excitedly checked out a new studio, ModelFIT that I’ve read a ton of press/hype on
– lunch at one of my fave spots in NoLita, Cafe Gitane
(Will be doing separate posts on these 2 🙂 )
– walked & walked, took pictures & walked some more…. I definitely prefer doing all this walking in the spring/summer/fall but I just couldn’t waste my day in the city. As much as I HATE the cold, this city has a way of making me be ok with it.
– did some shopping at a few of my fave stores
– much needed stops into cute cafe’s for tea & coffee to warm my bones along the way
– Laduree, Oui Oui!! Almond Milk Latte + a box of 8 macaroons to take home with us for a little Parisian sweet treat! 🙂
Some photos from my trip! Hope you enjoy! xx
trip kicked off with my first ever #stopdropandyoga in the CLT airport waiting for our flight. I needed to get my pose in for the day for our Yoga Challenge so I figured why not go for it in the airport! lol
First time staying here, however I’ve spent many fun nights on the rooftop at Ph-D.
Good times & great memories
awesome sculpt class at ModelFIT
a really hot shower + a little Legs Up The Wall time to relax after hours and hours of walking around in the freezing cold before heading out to dinner…
really amazing dinner at French Spot, Montmartre
I tried to take pics but the lighting was incredibly low in the restaurant
fantastic dinner & wine
Coffee + these juices before heading to the airport way too early on Saturday morning