Hello, Hello, Loves!! Oh am I happy its Friday!! Hope everyone has had a great week! I’m so happy to wake up to a absolutely gorgeous, sunny & clear morning after a week of cold, dreary rain & grey skies. ugh
So we’re pretty lucky to be having a super mild fall/almost winter season so far (last weekend was in the 70’s!!) but, it IS December and the temps are starting to get colder – especially in the morning’s – which has me craving less smoothies and more warm & cozy breakfasts like this Slow Cooked Pumpkin Oatmeal.
Slow Cooked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Trader Joe’s, Organic Steel Cut Oats. 1/4 cup (dry)
Trader Joe’s Organic Pumpkin Puree. 1/2 cup
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice. 1/4 teaspoon
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Trader Joe’s Super Seed & Ancient Grain Mix. about 1 tablespoon
– combine 1/4 cup dry oats + about 1 cup filtered water and bring to a rolling boil
– lower heat, bring to a simmer, cooking oats for about 20-25 minutes, stirring often & adding small amounts of water if/when oats begin to thicken
– Add in pumpkin puree + pumpkin pie spice to your pot of oats, mixing everything together evenly.
– just before I turn the heat off and pour my oats into my bowl, I like to add just a splash of almond milk to make this yummy mixture extra rich & creamy
– Top off with your banana, peptias and super seed mix and voilà… this breakfast is like a hug in a bowl on a chilly morning! 🙂
Happy Friday & Cheers the the weekend! xx